Lim Ji Yeon Talks About Working With Jeon Do Yeon For "Revolver" And Her Views On Acting

Eka P
0

Get the latest celebrity news and features from Korean Celeb, and breaking news about everyone from the Song Hye-kyo to Song Joong-ki.

Lim Ji Yeon joined Cosmopolitan Korea magazine for a stunning photo shoot!


Following the photo shoot, Lim Ji Yeon sat down for an interview to talk about her acting career and her upcoming film “Revolver.”


Lim Ji Yeon, who has earned praise for her on-screen chemistry with stars like Song Hye Kyo and Kim Tae Hee, is now acting alongside veteran actress Jeon Do Yeon in the film “Revolver.”


“Thanks to the acclaim for ‘female chemistry,’ I’ve had many opportunities to work on those kinds of projects,” said Lim Ji Yeon. “Previously, I often played villains or characters in competitive relationships, but this time, you’ll see a different kind of chemistry between the two women. My character, Jung Yoon Sun, admires and wishes to emulate Ha Soo Young [Jeon Do Yeon’s character]. It’s almost accurate to say she’s infatuated with Soo Young.”


On working with Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Ji Yeon remarked, “It was such an honor. I learned so much just by watching her on the monitor. She didn't say much, but there were moments when I felt like she was looking at me not as Lim Ji-yeon, but completely as Yoon-sung. Seeing her concentration, I thought, "She's amazing after all." It's been a while since I last did a movie, but I feel like Do-yeon gave me a lot of unforgettable moments. (This experience) will surely stay with me for a long time."


Lim Ji-yeon, once known as "Jeon Do-yeon of Korea University of Arts," has always respected and called Jeon Do-yeon. She looked up to him as an actor early in her career. Lim Ji-yeon shared her excitement about acting with her idol: "When I found out I would be acting with Jeon Do-yeon in this movie, I was very excited. At first, I was very nervous and it was difficult to approach her."


"However, she treated me warmly during filming, so I was able to immerse myself in the role of Yoon-sung," she continued. "If the opportunity arises, I would love to work with him again."


When asked to describe her character's relationship with Jeon Do-yeon, Lim Ji-yeon said, "It's hard to define. Both Soo-yeon and Yoon-sung have their own goals. On the surface, Yoon-sung is on Soo-yeon's side. But as Soo-yeon pursues her goals, their paths diverge and Yoon-sung becomes confused and changes because of Soo-yeon. It was an emotion I had never felt before, so I thought a lot about how to express it while acting. I think this dynamic brings out the essence of both characters best. "


When asked which of Yoon Sung's lines impressed her the most, Im Ji Yeon replied: "I think Yoon Sung almost confessed to Soo Yeon."


Im Ji Yeon approaches each role in her own way and always gives her best. She said, "The depth of a character is determined by how immersed and passionate an actor is in that character. I know that my level of concentration and passion will affect how the character is received and remembered by the audience. I intend to continue playing in this way in the future, as it means I can be satisfied with my work. Whatever the work or character, I will try to deepen the unique color and essence of [the character]."


She continued: "To be a good actor, you have to be a good person, and a positive attitude is essential for good acting." Looking back, I tried hard when I was younger, but I don't think I was a good actor then. Overcoming challenges on set and observing more experienced actors helped me grow, leading to introspection and gradual improvement. I am currently filming a period drama and starring alongside a lot of young actors. Watching young actors figure things out and overcome problems teaches me a lot from their experiences. The saying "an actor is always learning" is true and I am starting to realize that even more.”







Get the latest celebrity news and features from Korean Celeb, and breaking news about everyone from the Song Hye-kyo to Song Joong-ki.

Get the latest celebrity news and features from Korean Celeb, and breaking news about everyone from the Song Hye-kyo to Song Joong-ki.

Get the latest celebrity news and features from Korean Celeb, and breaking news about everyone from the Song Hye-kyo to Song Joong-ki.


Lim Ji Yeon's full interview and photo series will appear in the August issue of Korean magazine Cosmopolitan.


Until then, check out Lim Ji-yeon in "Hidden Lies in My Garden" below:


Watch Now


/soompi.com

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)