Im Siwan Wants to Sing Again, Once Admitted He Was More Comfortable Being an Actor

Eka P
0

Instagram/yim_siwang

Im Siwan highlighted how idols always have to be ready from any angle when the camera is on. They also never miss an opportunity to show their charismatic side on stage.

Im Siwan recently revealed that he plans to be more active in music in 2023. However, before that, the singer-actor actually admitted that he was more comfortable being an actor than an idol.

Although Im Siwan is known for his outstanding acting in dramas and movies, the actor originally debuted in Star Empire Entertainment's boy group, ZE:A. While reminiscing about those times, the actor revealed why he felt more comfortable being an actor than an idol.

In "You Quiz on the Block", Yoo Jae Seok asked Im Siwan if there was a difference between appearing in front of the camera as an idol and as an actor. The 1988-born actor admitted that it was very different.

Im Siwan highlighted how idols always have to be ready from any angle when the camera is on. They also never miss an opportunity to show their charismatic side on stage.

"When the red light comes on, that's the sign. As an idol, I have to look at all the cameras. Without missing a chance, I have to glare at them like this... as if I want to eat the camera. That's what they want from an idol," said Im Siwan.

Although Im Siwan can perform like that now, he couldn't do it before and realized that being an idol was not the right thing. He admitted, "It didn't feel like it was for me. I think that's why I think I look awkward on stage."

While looking straight into the camera is an important part of being an idol, Im Siwan is relieved to be able to do the opposite as an actor. It made him realize what he really wanted to pursue.

"On the other hand, as an actor, I don't have to look directly at the camera. I feel comfortable. I debuted as an actor in 'Moon Embracing the Sun'. When I stand in front of the camera, I feel peace in my mind. This is what I think at the time: 'I have wanted to do this for a long time,'" he said.

Since then, Im Siwan has taken on many acting roles and continues to be praised for his skill and duality. However, that doesn't mean the drama star "Run On" isn't grateful for his journey as an idol.

Im Siwan intends to treat his failure to move on from his singing career by releasing a new album. "I will release an album this year, a solo album. At a recent concert, I showed the music I was after. I shared with fans the type of music I like. I sing and let the fans listen to it," said Siwan. (wk/goddess)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)