Visuals Similar to Webtoon Characters, Cha Eunwoo Initially Hesitated to Star in 'True Beauty'

Eka P
0

Visuals Similar to Webtoon Characters, Cha Eunwoo Initially Hesitated to Star in 'True Beauty'
Cha Eunwoo

Cha Eunwoo also highlighted the similarities of Su Ho's character 'True Beauty' with Do Kyung Seok who he played in 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty'. Many say the two characters are similar.


Cha Eunwoo recently had an interview with Star News media. The ASTRO member discussed various interesting things about his acting project. One of them is about the drama "True Beauty" which he starred in in 2021 yesterday.

Just by looking at the script, "True Beauty" has shown the potential to attract attention from the beginning to the end of its broadcast. The original webtoon was already popular, so the success of the drama was basically guaranteed to some extent.

However, Cha Eun Wooo admitted that he was initially hesitant to star in "True Beauty". "Before my role in the drama, fans told me that I looked like Su Ho. Moonbin and Sanha also said we were similar," said Cha Eunwoo.

"When I heard that, I said, 'Really?' I found it interesting that I got the part 2 weeks after I saw the webtoon. Actually, it was burdensome that the part had original characters," added Cha Eunwoo.

"I really wanted to show a new side of myself, so after talking with the writer and director, I decided to play Su Ho," added Cha Eunwoo. He also highlighted the similarities between Su Ho's character and Do Kyung Seok, who he played in "My ID is Gangnam Beauty".

Because there are great similarities between these two characters, Cha Eunwoo tried to differentiate himself through his acting. "In the case of Su Ho, I put a lot of effort into action scenes. I had many conversations with the director and paid a lot of attention to making my portrayal of this role different," shared Cha Eunwoo.

The common scene in "True Beauty" and "My ID is Gangnam Beauty" is the part where students admire her appearance. Even though it was just an act, Cha Eunwoo replied, "I thank the students who took the role."

"In fact, isn't it possible that they really think I'm not very handsome?" added Cha Eunwoo. He also expressed his gratitude to the actors who played students by saying, "We worked hard together." (wk/charity)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)