Lee Se Young admits he often wonders about his character in 'The Red Sleeve', why?

Eka P
0

Lee Se Young admits he often wonders about his character in 'The Red Sleeve', why?

During an interview recently, Lee Se Young also talked about his character named Seong Deok Im in 'The Red Sleeve'. Here's the full narrative.


Recently, Lee Se Young had an interview to discuss the ending of the drama "The Red Sleeve". On this occasion, he revealed that he often wondered about his character named Seong Deok Im.

As is known, Seong Deok Im is described as a palace woman who wants to live freely. That's why he repeatedly rejected the love of Crown Prince Yi San who eventually ascended the throne to become King Jeongjo (2PM Junho).

However, Seong Deok Im ended up being the King's concubine. But his life after marriage was colored with sorrow. Her son died in infancy, and she died shortly thereafter heavily pregnant.

During the interview, Lee Se Young confessed that Seong Deok Im's character often made him wonder. Especially since Seong Deok Im can be quite rude at times when dealing with Yi San.

Lee Se Young admits he often wonders about his character in 'The Red Sleeve', why 2

Lee Se Young said, "Deok Im is a palace lady, right? I think there are parts where Deok Im is quite rude and arrogant which makes me wonder if she is allowed to be like this."

"Nevertheless, I tried to act aggressively," he continued. "It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he probably died instantly from his appearance in the middle of a fight. I remember that detail very well."

Lee Se Young then shared his thoughts on this drama. He explained, "I'm happy because I received so much love. I have a lot of regrets, but it's also good that viewers also feel sorry for me."

Regarding her new nickname as "Historical Drama Queen", Lee Se Young commented, "'Historical Drama Queen' is exaggerated. If I continue to do historical dramas in the future, I will do my best to live up to that title."

Lastly, Lee Se Young revealed her goals for this year. He explained, "Last year, there were many happy moments, but I didn't realize that time passed so quickly."

"I don't know if I have fully used the time I have with the people I love. This year, I will live my life to the fullest so that I don't regret it," he concluded.

Meanwhile, "The Red Sleeve" can be considered as one of the most successful dramas of 2021. This drama also managed to revive MBC's viewership after years of decline. (wk/eval)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)