(G) I-DLE Announces Online Concert Post 'I-LAND Tour: Who I Am' Canceled Because of Pandemic

Iin

Friday (5/6), Cube Entertainment Then Gave a Surprise Announcement to Fans. The Announcement reads (G) I-DLE will Officially Cancel the Tour Rather Than Scheduling a Repeat.

The corona virus pandemic (COVID-19) which has hit many countries has hampered some activities. One of them is a world concert tour held by several K-Pop artists. Because of this pandemic, (G) I-DLE has announced plans to hold an online concert instead of the first scheduled world tour.

Earlier this year, (G) I-DLE was known to postpone their first world tour "I-LAND: Who I Am". The concert tour was originally scheduled to begin in April and continue until this summer, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic that never died down the agency finally postponed it.

On yesterday, Friday (5/6), Cube Entertainment then gave an announcement that surprised fans. The announcement reads that because of the ongoing pandemic, (G) I-DLE will officially cancel the tour instead of rescheduling it.

Twitter

"This decision was made because of consideration for the health and safety of our artists and audience, so we ask for understanding from fans," the agency's announcement said.

In this online concert, fans and prospective concert goers will still have the opportunity to see (G) I-DLE perform virtually though. This online concert will be scheduled for July 5 at 3 pm local time.

Cube Entertainment as the overseeing agency (G) I-DLE also explained that more details about ticket sales will be announced soon. As for information about refunding tickets for canceled tours, the agency added that ticket refund information will be available through the promoter or ticket site.

(G) I-DLE has just made a comeback by releasing a new mini album titled "I Trust" on April 6 yesterday. The album's title track titled "Oh My God" was released in both Korean and English versions.

(wk / daughter)
Tags