Woozi Admits About 60 Trainees Failed to Debut as Seventeen Members

Eka P
0

Woozi Admits About 60 Trainees Failed to Debut as Seventeen Members

Woozi once felt that approaching other trainees was something I shouldn't do. The Handsome Idol Finally Keeps His Distance From All Trainees Until He Debuts.


Woozi recently guested on a popular South Korean YouTuber. In his interview, the handsome idol admitted that there were many trainees who tried to become members of SEVENTEEN (II) but ultimately failed.


Woozi initially talked about his trainee days at that time. "I started practicing when I was in the last year of high school. I started living away from my family since then," vented Woozi.


Woozi then said, "As I used to spend all my time, including my bedtime, after-school training, I used to sleep at school all the time (because of training fatigue)."


"In my early trainee days, I didn't tell anyone at school that I was a trainee, even my homeroom teacher didn't know. I didn't want them to think that I was showing off, so I hid it throughout middle school," added Woozi.


Woozi then shared how he became a songwriter. "I write a lot of songs now, but honestly I didn't know that I would write songs in the past," said Woozi.


Woozi continued, "When I was a trainee, there was nothing I could do but sing and dance even in my spare time. Writing songs was something I could do so the staff at our agency wouldn't give me this performance if I did. That's how I ended up writing songs," continued Woozi.


Woozi again talked about the time when he was a trainee. "Actually there were about 60 trainees who joined, then left or were asked to leave by our agency since I joined them until when I debuted," said Woozi.


"When many people came and went, I started to feel that approaching them was something I shouldn't do. I thought I would get hurt, if I became like them, but they left suddenly one day. It's sad, but I kept my distance from all the trainees until I debuted," continued Woozi.


Woozi added, "This is my eighth year in K-pop, but I feel like I don't know a lot of people in the industry. Many of the groups I promoted with in the past have also disappeared."


"They were on a long break from group promotions, or went different ways from each other after disbanding so I felt quite awkward when attending. (wk/charity)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)