Not the country of birth, Rose BLACKPINK admits feeling alienated in Korea

Eka P
0

Not the country of birth, Rose BLACKPINK admits feeling alienated in Korea
Instagram/roses_are_rosie


However, no matter how strong her character is, there are times when Rosé feels alienated from a place that should be her homeland. Sometimes, He Still Feels A Little Out Of Place.


BLACKPINK's Rose (Black Pink) is now known both for her visuals and talent, in order to achieve the popularity she has today, the idol is really going through a lot of pressure in Korea, and often feels out of place and afraid that she won't be able to debut.


Rosé recently made an impressive appearance on Vogue Australia, where she not only showed off her amazing visuals, but also talked about her heart-wrenching feelings while training for BLACKPINK.


Born in Auckland, New Zealand and raised in Melbourne, Australia, Rosé has always had a strong passion for music. However, she never thought about actually pursuing a singing career, and tried to become an art teacher.


However, with the support of her father, Rosé successfully passed the YG Entertainment audition and moved to Korea as a trainee. It took her 4 years to debut as a member of the world famous girl group, BLACKPINK.


At that moment, Rosé couldn't help feeling isolated and anxious. "If I don't catch up, I'll be cut off and sent back to Australia, where I've been telling all my friends that I'm dropping out of school and working on my music," Rosé kept telling herself.


Therefore, Rosé had no choice but to endure and prove her talent. "I ended up fighting for my life, training for my life. So I didn't have time to slack off. I remember taking every minute and every second to improve my skills so I can be successful."


However, no matter how strong her character is, there are times when Rosé feels isolated in what should be her homeland. "Sometimes, I still feel a bit out of place because most of the people here in Korea, even if they speak English, they usually come from the United States or some other place, to this day I feel a bit unique, and sometimes , a little out of place."


BLACKPINK is the shoulder that Rosé rests on. Earlier in her interview with Rolling Stone, Rosé also said that she is bearing a lot of pressure even though it has been 6 years since her debut with BLACKPINK, especially with the ongoing pandemic. (wk/goddess)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)