IU Admits She Will Be Enthusiastic for a Career on the Small Screen, What's the Reason?

Eka P
0

IU Admits She Will Be Enthusiastic for a Career on the Small Screen
Portrait of IU or Lee JI Eun while attending the Cannes Film Festival (Dispatch)


Actress Lee Ji Eun, also known as K-Pop star IU, said on Tuesday (7/6/2022) that she was very excited to be a part of the drama film "Broker". So, he wants to focus more on his acting career for the big screen.


Adapting from Yonhap on Tuesday (7/6/2022), "Broker" is Lee Ji Eun's commercial film debut after several small-budget films, including the omnibus indie film "Persona" (2019). She has starred in several hit TV series, including the drama "My Sister" (2018) and the fantasy romance "Hotel del Luna" (2019).


The film will compete for the top prize for the Palme d'Or at this year's Cannes Film Festival, with Song Kang Ho winning Best Actor. It was the first Korean-language project by Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda, who won the Palme d'Or in 2018 for "Shoplifters".


"It's a very good experience to star in a film like this," said Lee Ji Eun in a media interview. "Thanks to this project, I love movies, and I want to do more if I get a good offer."


The next project is the sports drama "Dream", starring Park Seo Joon "Itaewon Class" (2019) and directed by Lee Byung Heon from the hit comedy film "Extreme Job" (2019).


However, the ITU says that doesn't mean she has completely made the leap from the music industry to the big screen. He said he wanted to double the two careers in balance.


"I want to reduce my singing part that I've been doing for a long time," said Lee Ji Eun, who made her singing debut in 2008 at the age of 15. "I just want to expand my full capacity to do both. But at the same time, I don't want to try to do something beyond my power."


In "Broker", Lee Ji Eun takes on the role of a young, unmarried mother, alongside So Young, who drops her baby off at a baby box operated by a church.


He joins a journey with a group of baby brokers, Dong Soo (Gang Dong Won) and Sang Hyun (Song Kang Ho) in search of the ideal adoptive parents who can give the baby a loving home and large sums of money.


The 29-year-old singer and actress said she was expecting a nurturing character for her next acting appearance when she received an offer from the Japanese director, who previously said she was impressed by Lee Ji Eun's performance in "My Sister".


"I didn't know why I had the idea at the time. I just wanted to be a mom in any genre," she said. "And director Koreeda chose me. I really wanted to play this character. And that was a coincidence."


He said he was well aware that he was fortunate to be successful with his first film role in a project directed by a Cannes-winning filmmaker and starring a Cannes-winning actor.


But she says she needs to work harder and better to be able to turn the success of her film debut into a career in the industry.


"I felt pressured to do so much better. It was hard to believe that I was part of this stellar project," he said. "I knew I had to do better and better not to make my first film debut the biggest of my career in future".


Meanwhile, the movie "Broker" starring IU will premiere on June 8, 2022.  /suara.com

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)