Jaechan's blessing, DKZ thought there was an error in calculating the sales of the new album, reaching 100 thousand copies

Eka P
0

Jaechan's blessing, DKZ thought there was an error in calculating the sales of the new album, reaching 100 thousand copies
Instagram/dkz_dy

After the title song 'Cupid' from the single album 'Chase Episode 2. Maum' was released, DKZ is now enjoying their hard work after album sales reached 100 thousand copies after Jaechan starred in 'Semantic Error'.

Boy group DKZ (formerly Dongkiz) is currently enjoying their popularity after officially debuting in 2019. In fact, DKZ was very surprised because their album sales recently reached hundreds of thousands of copies.

Through the SBS POWER FM radio show "Choi Hwa Jeong's Power Time", DKZ made a special appearance on Wednesday (27/4). During the chat session, presenter Choi Hwa Jeong mentioned that DKZ's newest album sales were way more than the last.

Jaechan expressed his surprise when he learned that their new album "Chase Episode 2. Maum" sold 100 times more than their last album. "100 thousand copies of your newest album were sold in the first week of release. Your songs are also charting well on music charts outside of Korea. Do you expect this album to receive a lot of love?" asked DJ Choi Hwa Jeong.

"In the first week of the release of our last album, 1,400 copies were sold. This time it was 100 thousand copies, so this is a big difference. I feel like I'm living in a dream right now," said Jaechan.

"When I first saw the number 100 thousand on the website where we can see the statistics, I thought there was some kind of error. Honestly, I was very surprised," said Jonghyeong.

Then, Choi Hwa-jeong talked about the BL drama series "Semantic Error" starring Jaechan so that DKZ became known to more K-pop fans. As is known, the BL series is based on a popular webtoon which is the most talked about series among the younger generation, which premiered earlier this year.

In the series, Jaechan takes on the lead role as a college student like the robot Choo Sang Woo. He is actor Park Seo Ham who plays the character of Jang Jae Young, a popular student at university and studies Visual Design.

"I was very nervous before I started filming this series. I felt pressured to do well, because my character was in the webtoon before me and that made me have to act out the way webtoon readers imagined it," he said.

"Initially, they made some negative comments about my acting, so I felt more pressured. But I'm glad they like the series now. I'm currently busy auditioning for another project," he explained.

After hearing this, Choi Hwa Jeong asked the other DKZ members if they watched "Semantic Error." They all said yes. "I watched this series with Jaechan. I kept saying, 'Is that really you?'," Kyoungyoon commented and caused laughter.

Thanks to their hard work, now DKZ has proven their popularity albeit slowly. And the soaring album sales made DKZ work even more. (wk/taki)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)