Choi Woo Shik Discusses New Year's Goals and the Success of Korean Content Overseas

Eka P
0

Choi Woo Shik Discusses New Year's Goals and the Success of Korean Content Overseas
Choi Woo Shik is a Canadian citizen. In the past, he has expressed his desire to work internationally, but his thoughts on this have changed slightly.

Choi Woo Shik recently participated in an interview with Asia Business Daily. In this interview, the actor said that after attending the Cannes Film Festival and Academy Awards with director Bong Joon Ho, he had a lot of worries about his future, but finally got through that stage by telling himself to enjoy the moment. Apart from that, he also talked about goals for 2022.

"Not only do I want to be muscular. I want to show a new side of me that suits me too. When I was young, I wanted to look more masculine, but I've come to a stage where I've come to reevaluate what it really means to be masculine. I not sure what masculine means," said Choi Woo Shik.

He also talked about his goals for acting. "Because of my appearance, the roles I get are very limited. That's why I want to make changes to my physical appearance, such as my weight so that I can try new roles."

The actor also talked about the success of the Netflix series "Squid Game." "I'm looking forward to the future. I think the power of over-the-top [streaming] media services is huge. People abroad are interested in Korean content and even interested in previous works. As an actor, I have a mindset I just read the script. I think about things like how people around the world can enjoy this when reading it. I think this is a good change. Unlike the past, people can easily approach Korean content and it's interesting."

Choi Woo Shik is a Canadian citizen. In the past, he has expressed his desire to work internationally, but his thoughts on this have changed slightly. "I speak English fluently so I want to work on other films, but I think it's better when well-produced Korean films or dramas are released globally."

The actor continued to talk about his experience from "Parasite," saying, "To be honest, I thought I would get a lot of offers globally after 'Parasite,' but this isn't necessarily true. I did get a few offers, but not as many as I thought. I was wondering what 'Hollywood Dream' was all about. I think 'Squid Game' answered that question for me."

Choi Woo Shik ended the interview by saying, "The film industry is no longer the same because of COVID-19, but I'm happy to see the doors reopen." (wk/goddess)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)