Jessi Talks About Potential Girl Group With Lee Hyori, Plans For U.S. Debut, And More

Iin
On the July 29 broadcast of MBC’s “Radio Star,” Kwanghee, Jessi, Ayumi, and Nam Yoon Soo appeared as guests.

Jessi Talks About Potential Girl Group With Lee Hyori, Plans For U.S. Debut, And More

During this episode, Jessi talked about Lee Hyori naming her as a member of her ideal girl group, along side Uhm Jung Hwa and MAMAMOO’s Hwasa. supported Rain’s suggestion, the hypothetical girl group has been mentioned as “Refund Expedition” by fans.

Jessi said, “I was surprised while watching the episode on TV. i used to be especially surprised because there was a time once I was getting to be during a three-member girl group with Lee Hyori and Lee Eun Joo. Lee Hyori said that she wanted to collect women with unique eye smiles and and reputations for being strong-willed.”

Jessi continued, “I don’t know if ‘Refund Expedition’ will happen or not, but I exchanged positive messages with Uhm Jung Hwa. If it really works out, then wow!”

About her upcoming comeback, Jessi said, “I’m releasing an album soon but the title track was suddenly changed. PSY kept saying we should always change it. The album title is ‘NUNA’ and therefore the title track is named ‘NUNU NANA.’ there have been about three days left before the music video shoot, and that i thought it might be nice to possess a troublesome noona [older woman] in it. I asked Lee Hyori. I felt sorry because it had been so out of the blue, but she readily agreed to try to to it. The video came out rather well .”

The hosts mentioned that Jessi had attended the 2020 Grammy Awards, and Jessi shared that she had had plans to debut within the us .

She said, “I invested about four or five months in my U.S. debut. I got calls from Chris Brown, Tyga, Juicy J, and even 2 Chainz. I visited the U.S. and saw tons of individuals in high places, just like the CEOs of top labels. within the us , they don’t want you to be too modest, so I just acted as I usually did. They wanted to sign a contract within five minutes. on the other hand COVID-19 happened. The five months I’d invested were gone during a flash. At first, i used to be angry. i used to be very disappointed, but i think that good opportunities will come within the future. i think i used to be born to be a star.”

Jessi is scheduled to form her comeback on July 30, with a special appearance from Lee Hyori in her music video. /soompi
Tags