Chen Discusses Feeling To Be The First Member To Debut In Korea And EXO Reaction

Eka P
Chen Discusses Feeling To Be The First Member To Debut In Korea And EXO Reaction - On the day of his solo album release, Chen held a showcase at the Artium SMTOWN Coex building which was also attended by Xiumin as an event guide.

On the day of his solo album release, Chen held a showcase at the Artium SMTOWN Coex building which was also attended by Xiumin as an event guide.

Chen officially became EXO's second member who made his solo debut after Lay. The 1992-born singer was also the first member to debut in Korea through her solo mini album titled "April, and a Flower".

The "April, and a Flower" mini album was released today on Monday (1/4) at 6pm local time while the title track MV "Beautiful Goodbye" was released in the middle of the night. On the same day, the singer of "Love Shot" also held a showcase.

The showcase held at the SNTOWN Coex Artium building was also attended by Xiumin, who showed his support for Chen by guiding the event. Here, Chen revealed what kind of support EXO members had for him.

"I saw it practicing all out," said Xiumin. "He's EXO's first member who debuted solo, so I'm looking forward to it."


"I was filled with energy when everyone told me (if the song was good)," Chen said. "Every time I release a song whether it's a soundtrack or a solo song, I'm always curious about the members' opinions. When preparing this album, all the members honestly told me which part they liked. They gave me courage when I was worried about his solo album."

Chen's debut mini album contains six tracks namely "Flower", "Sorry Not Sorry", "Love Words", "I'll be There", "Portrait of You" and "Beautiful Goodbye". Chen admitted that he had difficulty choosing songs, but he enjoyed them.

"I went through a recording while thinking of it if I started again from the beginning," Chen said. "I really pay attention to the detail's expression. I thought hard about my usual singing style and voice and I especially paid attention to the delivery of the lyrics."

As EXO's first member to debut in Korea, Chen claimed to be nervous. "I need courage. I still feel lacking, but I stepped on the first step bravely," he said.


Source: wowkeren.com
Tags