IU Reveals How She Feels Being Invited to Cannes

Eka P
0

IU Reveals How She Feels Being Invited to Cannes
Portrait of IU (KBIZoom)


Recently, singer and actress IU (Lee Ji Eun) had an interview with Wikitree. In the interview, IU shared her feelings about being invited to the Cannes event and some of the behind-the-scenes stories.


KBIZoom launched on Wednesday (8/6/2022), IU held an interview with Wikitree at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul on June 7, 2022 (local time) to commemorate the release of the film she starred in, "Broker" .


"Broker" is a film about an unexpected and special journey. Apart from the film being officially selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at the 75th Cannes Film Festival held on the 17th of last month, actor Song Kang Ho became the first male in Korea to win Best Actor. With such achievements, "Broker" attracted attention even before its official premiere.


Expressing her feelings about being invited to Cannes, IU, who played the single mother So Young in the film, said, "It's amazing that I think I used all my luck for it. Even at Cannes, I worried so much that I kept reminding myself, 'Careful', 'I can't make any mistakes this time', etc."


IU revealed that she became comfortable with the actors and actresses she worked with in the film. IU explained, "I couldn't talk much with them on set because I was so nervous, but we got closer after going to Cannes together. Now that we're close, I can boldly tell them 'Thanks for this and that, sunbaenim ( senior)'".


Previously, IU was caught smiling awkwardly after failing to sign a heart with her hand at the Cannes Film Festival. The stills spread quickly on various online communities and SNS sites, thereby drawing laughter from netizens.


In this regard, IU said, "I really regretted that moment. Even when I watched it, I also found myself looking very silly. When the ceremony was about to end, I was a bit confused, then suddenly the camera zoomed in. Then I made a mistake when thinking what cues to make".


IU smiled and said, "Because I worked as an idol, I learned that I can't just sit around doing nothing, so I tried to make a heart. As soon as I made a heart, the camera moved to Jo Young's side, thereby becoming a tangled heart. and I was so embarrassed. As expected, my fans made a lot of memes since then".

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)