EXO's Suho Openly Talks About Gray Suit Album, Feels Stuck in One Color

Eka P
0

EXO's Suho Openly Talks About Gray Suit Album, Feels Stuck in One Color
EXO's Suho returns with a solo album titled 'Grey Suit'. Interestingly, he says his latest work contains honest thoughts on himself from the past two years.

Reported by AllKpop on Tuesday (5/4/2022), the online press conference for the release of the album 'Grey Suit' was hosted by Kai EXO.

It is known, Suho released the album 'Self-Portrait' in March 2020. The presence of 'Grey Suit' made him happy.

"I really missed this. I really wanted to see (my fans) so I prepared. Starting from when I was discharged from the military. I was nervous when I was about to debut but was shaking, nervous because it was like a new start," he said.

Following the previous work, Suho directly participated in writing the lyrics for all songs. From planning the concept of this album to expressing his unique sensibility.

"This is an album that contains many of my colors containing stories that I wanted to tell for two years. Feeling the importance of time, pondering a lot, thinking about how to put everything together better and making a lot of people empathize," said Suho.

Suho completed his mandatory military service last February. He considered the importance of the time he felt while serving in the military as the theme for this album.

"Homework for me is how to spend time during military service. By spending time writing in a diary or recording various things. As a result, I became obsessed with the word time," he said.

"I'm thinking about how to make an album while waiting for the date to be discharged from the military. I think I will be able to convey sincerity, if you set a time theme and tell the story. I want to tell," said Suho again.

The title track, "Grey Suit" is a progressive rock genre track, in tune with the band's lyrical sound and dynamic string line. The lyrics tell the story of how the gray emptiness of time that had stopped turning into color after meeting someone again.

"Actually, for the past two years, the world has flowed beautifully and colorfully. But it feels like time has stopped just for me. The world is full of color, it's just that I feel 'Suho' who is trapped in gray," he said.

Besides 'Grey Suit', there are six songs such as "Morning Star", "Hurdle", "Decanting", "Bear Hug" and "Moment" with the time theme included in this album.

"I have expressed the thoughts that I want to convey in this album. Participated in the production from the planning stage. I am very proud of myself," he said.

However, he also revealed that there was pressure during the preparation process. Everything was so much fun.

"When I think about fans preparing for the album. I suddenly feel a lot of pressure. Thinking about what kind of music my fans prefer, such as instruments and lyrics," said Suho.

Suho said he wanted to build his own genre through this album. He hopes his image as Suho will be distinctive. /celebrties.id

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)