(G)I-DLE's Efforts to Rearrange Ex-Member Soojin's Parts in a Simple But Nice Way

Eka P
0

(G)I-DLE's Efforts to Rearrange Ex-Member Soojin's Parts in a Simple But Nice Way
(G)I-DLE

(G)I-DLE, which now consists of only 5 members, has been working on how the previously released songs when replayed fill the void in Soojin's part fairly.


Talking about the completeness of the group is a sensitive subject for (G)I-DLE to discuss at this time. How not, one of the featured members, Soojin, left after being dragged into the bullying controversy.

Recently, (G)I-DLE's comeback with the release of the album "I NEVER DIE" was successful in the market. With a cool concept, the title song "Tomboy" earned tens of millions of views on YouTube in less than a day.

Besides talking about their album, (G)I-DLE also talked about how they decided to rearrange their old songs after Soojin left the group. The quintet specifically mentions this iconic line from its former members in a simple way.

In the broadcast of the 1theK Originals channel, the five-member group checked fans' reactions to their new album "I NEVER DIE" posted on social media and online communities. At the end of the uploaded video, the group reads facts and articles about (G)I-DLE on popular Korean online communities.

While viewing Theqoo, a video clip of their performance from the Dubai Expo on January 17 appeared with the comment, "The five of them sing the part, 'Who's Afraid?' from 'LATATA'."

This indirectly mentions the presence of Soojin, a former member of (G)I-DLE. In particular, the song was released as the title track of their debut EP, "I Am" in May 2018.

Soojin's iconic part where he sings the line "Who's Afraid?" became an icon among fans especially for Neverlands (fandom name). Reading this, the members watched the clip silently. "I think I'm going to cry," Yuqi said.

Jeon Soyeon explained how they overcome the void when performing after Soojin left. They decided to sing the song in that section together.

"When we rearranged this part, we thought we could do it together. We think we can get a lot of energy (from Soojin) if we sing this together. That's what we want to say now," said Soyeon.

While listening, Yuqi became emotional. "I suddenly got emotional. I don't know what it was but I was really choking," she said.

Meanwhile, originally a six-member group, (G)I-DLE was reorganized as a five-member group after Soojin left the group due to the bullying controversy at school. Even so, the members of (G)I-DLE never stop mentioning that they really love Soojin on several occasions. (wk/taki)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)