Exclusive Interview of Squid Game Stars, Adults Only

Eka P
0


Squid Game is a Netflix original Korean drama that takes the theme of survival games. A total of 456 people were gathered to participate in the game with a prize of 45.6 billion Won with lives at stake.


detikcom recently chatted with the director and actors of Squid Game about the action-packed drama. Hwang Dong Hyuk, the director, admitted that he got his inspiration from reading Japanese comics.

"I got the idea in 2008 when I was having a hard time as a director. At that time I went to a bookstore and read a number of comics. There was one comic that was about survival games in the modern world. Then I wondered, if I participated in that game, what will it look like in Korea?" said director Hwang.

Thirteen years later, Hwang Dong Hyuk's dream to create a survival game-themed drama has come true. Produced by Netflix, this drama is rated 19+ for its many bloodshed scenes.

"I have to thank Netflix so I don't have any restrictions on graphics, about explicit scenes. I'm really given the freedom in creative terms," ​​he continued.

"This drama displays a fairly brutal picture of death. Because when you lose the game, it means you will die. This element should not be lost from the drama," explained Hwang Dong Hyuk.

The director also tries not to use CGI much in the drama. Hwang Dong Hyuk wanted to make the horrors of the Squid Game as realistic as possible.

"I use as little CGI as possible. All things that use physical, the participants are 456 people, all of them are there and are presented realistically," said the director.

"So I built a really big set. I wanted to show something different. The set isn't something terrible, but it's made like a children's playground. children," he concluded.

Squid Game is inspired by a children's game that was popular in South Korea in the 70's to 80's. However, the story in it symbolizes something that is closely related to adult life. (dal/dal)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)