Baekhyun EXO Discusses the Genre and Concept of 'Bambi' and the Difference with the Song 'Candy'

Eka P
0

Baekhyun Shares That 'Bamb' Represents The Transition Between Boys And Young Men. This is a 180 degree shift away from the 'Candy' vibe, the title track of the second solo mini album released last year.


On Tuesday (30/3), Baekhyun EXO held an online press conference for the release of his new solo mini album, "Bambi." The press conference hosted by fellow EXO members Xiumin and Baekhyun discussed the album from the concerts to the genres it carried.

Baekhyun said, "Every time I release a new album, I'm happy to see a lot of my ideas reflected in it. I also shared a lot of opinions and ideas this time, so I'm excited and nervous. I'm 30 (Korean age), so I thought a lot. about how to show a new side of me. I hope those thoughts can bear true fruit. "

Including the title song "Bambi", all songs are of the R&B genre with the overall theme of love. Baekhyun said, "This is an album that shows 'Baekhyun's voice' through various R&B music. If the previous album was divided about 50-50 between my vocals and music, this time it's around 70-30 for my voice."

He added, "In the past, I couldn't carry out R&B well. Even though I'm not very good at it, I wanted to create a genre for my solo music where I had room to develop. I thought 'Baekhyun's R&B' was the kind that improved over time. EXO, DO and others told me that it was a new genre especially for me. I liked the idea of ​​the 'Baekhyun genre', so I chose R&B again. I think my tone is the kind that varies naturally with each song. My vocal tone fits various genres. R&B. "

Baekhyun also talked about the music video for the title song. "The outfit is less focused than the previous music video," he said. "I was wearing a leather jacket and a loose white T-shirt. We simplified the outfit. It's the concept of looking cool even without fancy clothes."

He continued, "It was my idea to be showered in the music video. The staff members at the agency were worried that I was wet in the rain while filming outside. I also focused a lot on fedora. You can't see much of my face in the video. In the previous music video, my face was mine. displayed very clearly, but I can feel a different vibe after we remove it. I try not to spoil the overall visual image and emotional vibe. "

Baekhyun shared that “Bambi” represented the transition between boys and men. "It's a 180 degree shift from the 'Candy' vibe," he said. "There are many different emotional expressions in the music video. I thought a lot about how to express sexiness without too much effort. It's not made clear, but I hope you can feel the maturity of 'Baekhyun' at 30 years old." (wk / dewi)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)