YooA Oh My Girl Reveals the Reason for Initially Declining Offer for Solo Debut

Iin
Despite admitting to preparing a different image when she debuted solo, YooA turned down her agency's offer to debut her solo. YooA admits that he received the offer many times, but he refuses.

YooA Oh My Girl Reveals the Reason for Initially Declining Offer for Solo Debut

One of the Oh My Girl members, YooA, is known to officially debut solo with the song "Bon Voyage" some time ago. On yesterday, Sunday (13/9) YooA appeared as a guest on the SBS Power FM radio show "Cultwo Show" along with Namjoo Apink.

Just like YooA, Namjoo is also a member of a popular girl group who recently made a solo debut. Namjoo released the single "Bird", which was written by Soyeon (G) I-DLE. Namjoo first talked about his feelings about making his solo debut.

“The other Apink members have done well with their solo album, so I don't feel any pressure or responsibility. I'm just doing what I want to do. I hope people will be happy to see me from a different point of view from Apink. The members showed a lot of support for me, "said Namjoo.

In contrast to Namjoo, YooA admitted to preparing a different image when he debuted solo and when he was with Oh My Girl. "I'm currently acting as an alternative character in solo promotions rather than my usual role in Oh My Girl. I'm promoting the title song 'Bon Voyage' which gives a feeling of being in nature," said YooA.

Not only that, YooA admitted that he had rejected his agency's offer to debut solo. YooA claimed to have received the offer many times, but he refused because he still wanted to be known as a member of Oh My Girl. But in the end the agency managed to convince YooA.

"When the agency first suggested me to go solo, I refused. I started as YooA Oh My Girl and I wanted to stay until the end as YooA Oh My Girl," he said.

“The agency has been thinking about a song for me since last year. I didn't know that, so when they asked me, 'Do you want to go solo?', I refused many times and said, 'I'll stay with Oh My Girl.' But the agency persuaded me and I finally made my solo debut, "he continued.

Namjoo also talked about his YouTube channel after YooA shared that he is a huge fan. "It hasn't been long since I opened it and I haven't had many subscribers. It's called 'Three Meals for Namjoo' and is based on the concept of 'Three Meals a Day'," said Namjoo.

"I just eat whatever comes to my mind. I like to introduce restaurants that I visit every day. I like to find good restaurants and Apink members often ask me when they think of food to eat," he followed.


(wk / daughter)
Tags