The Boyz Shares Their Greatest Takeaways From “Road To Kingdom” + Choreographer Mihawk Back Talks About Group’s Potential

Iin
The Boyz’s Q, Sunwoo, Jacob, and Juyeon currently sat down for an interview with News1 alongside choreographer Mihawk Back to speak about working with one another on “Road to Kingdom,” their plans and goals for the destiny, and greater.


Earlier this yr, The Boyz had an great run on Mnet’s idol opposition display “Road to Kingdom,” incomes first region for the primary 3 rounds. After additionally receiving top ratings throughout the finale, they became the sole crew to earn a price ticket to “Kingdom,” the approaching male counterpart of remaining year’s hit show “Queendom.”

While the talent and sturdy paintings ethic of The Boyz are evident with their achievement, choreographer Mihawk Back also performed a massive function in their growth. Mihawk Back is a choreographer well-known for his paintings with SM Entertainment artists, which includes BoA, TVXQ, Taemin, EXO, Red Velvet, and greater.

Mihawk Back shared that he were contacted by means of The Boyz’s corporation Cre.Ker Entertainment to paintings with the institution last yr however that he couldn’t because of their conflicting schedules. He explained, “That become weighing on my mind, however then they proposed I paintings with them on ‘Road to Kingdom.’ After receiving the proposition, I seemed up certainly one of their performance films and thought they weren’t terrible. I preferred their average chemistry. I concept that The Boyz definitely had sufficient capability.”

The interview endured with The Boyz individuals Q, Juyeon, Jacob, and Sunwoo, who were requested to choose the toughest performance in addition to the one they had been most satisfied with. For the hardest overall performance, Q picked Taemin’s “Danger,” sharing, “My frame was weirdly now not being attentive to me then. It felt like my body had end up a rock, and it turned into the toughest performance each at some stage in exercise and in the course of the real level.”




Juyeon picked “Shangri-La” by VIXX, commenting, “In order to carry the splendor of the tune, we had to exhibit splendor through our performance rather than emphasize technique. Since it turned into my first time attempting this type of fashion, it turned into hard.”

Jacob agreed, adding, “At first, we didn’t dance barefoot. We practiced with our shoes on, but once we needed to move barefoot, retaining my balance and doing the specific moves changed into tough.”

Regarding their favorite performance, Sunwoo commented, “I wasn’t glad with myself in any performance. I changed into certainly satisfied with the composition of the overall performance, the tale, and our costumes, however I wasn’t happy with my personal talents. While monitoring our overall performance, I thought, ‘I may want to’ve achieved higher.’ However, thru this possibility, I think we created degrees that humans will need to watch over and over.” While giggling, Sunwoo brought, “If I had to choose one, I might say that ‘REVEAL‘ turned into cool.”

Mihawk Back shared, “As a director, I understand all factors [of the performance] so I can most effective see the parts that would had been better when I watch the published. I suppose that if the folks that create the degree and perform on degree do not have a bit of remorse, they gained’t grow. As a writer, I think it’s better to have extra regret than not. However, if I needed to pick out one, I could say ‘Checkmate‘ turned into the fine. It felt accurate to look that the participants’ capabilities had advanced considering the fact that I first met them.”

The Boyz showcased an intensive variety of stunts for the duration of their “Road to Kingdom” adventure, which member Sunwoo become often the point of interest of. Despite his worry of heights, he changed into capable of efficiently pull off all the hard choreography, of which he commented, “I got the position via danger. I became without a doubt virtually proud once I did the difficult choreography. Although I became scared, I knew it was an essential a part of the performance that I changed into entrusted with.”





When the interviewer asked what they received through their look on “Road to Kingdom,” Juyeon responded, “The best element I won become self belief. It was difficult to perform properly, and I had a number of issues regarding whether or not we might be capable of get first vicinity. However, I felt that all of us grew after struggling together to create our performances, and that gave me confidence.”

Jacob brought, “I learned plenty. I discovered plenty while looking the performances of different companies, and I’m capable of concentrate extra whilst memorizing choreography after experiencing the system of creating new performances every  weeks. From our trainer, I found out now not handiest dance, but additionally how to be professional on level.”

As a part of the “Road to Kingdom” virtual chart battle, every institution released a new track. The Boyz became one of the two groups that noticed their songs within the pinnacle a hundred of Korea’s biggest track web site Melon.

Juyeon shared, “I recollect all of us gathered to look at the chart.” With amusing, he continued, “We were practising for the ‘Checkmate’ degree while we checked the charts and went crazy. We commenced [checking] at No. 100 and scrolled up, but we sincerely gave up when it wasn’t inside the nineties. However, it was better than that. It became in the sixties and we have been so touched. I recollect being so happy.”

As a person who has worked with many K-pop artists, Mihawk Back mentioned what form of destiny he saw for The Boyz, explaining, “It’s now not impossible that The Boyz turns into like BTS. As someone who has worked in this field for a long term, I don’t deliver false desire to those who I don’t assume will do nicely. However, to those I see ability in, I speak to them lots and inform them that they’re going to do properly.”

He endured, “The Boyz has 11 participants. It isn’t smooth for eleven humans to have good teamwork, and it’s that much more difficult while coordinating choreography. Despite having so many participants, The Boyz has excellent chemistry and tries to paintings tougher. Q will encourage every person to practice, and every other member will encourage all and sundry to live strong. It’s absolutely essential that contributors are considerate of one another, and I clearly see that [within the group]. No depend how excellent the track or choreography is, it doesn’t paintings if the performer doesn’t have the proper mindset. The Boyz has both the abilties and the thoughts. If they research greater and work tough, I agree with they have got the potential to upward push even higher. I am confident that they'll do properly,” moreover mentioning his plans to continue operating with the organization inside the destiny.

The interviewer stated that The Boyz’s chief Sangyeon as soon as shared that ranking on a Billboard chart became his purpose and asked the participants what their closing intention for The Boyz become.

Sunwoo responded, “They say to dream huge. We all maintain Billboard as our aim. We have hopes of becoming like BTS and want to paintings tough. Also, conveying high quality power is our aim. Even if Billboard is too large of a dream for us, I think desires like that in themselves provide us electricity.” Laughing, he added, “However, I assume making ourselves recognized locally comes first.”/soompi
Tags