SNSD's Tae Yeon Discusses the Process of Making the Album 'INVU' and Says It Feels Like Being Called a Role Model by Junior

Eka P
0

SNSD's Tae Yeon Discusses the Process of Making the Album 'INVU' and Says It Feels Like Being Called a Role Model by Junior
SNSD's Tae Yeon

Tae Yeon is preparing for his album at the same time as a permanent member of 'Amazing Saturday' and promoting with SM Entertainment's project girl group, Girls On Top GOT the beat.


On February 14, Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon held a press conference for the release of her third album, "INVU." The singer said, "People have higher expectations when you say you will release a full album, so I gritted my teeth and worked really hard. I focused on making an album that contains a picture of who I am now. Like my song 'I', Many of my songs have autobiographical meanings, but this album focuses on the theme of love. I wanted to show various complicated feelings about love."

Tae Yeon prepared his album at the same time as a permanent member of "Amazing Saturday" and promoted with SM Entertainment's project girl group Girls On Top GOT the beat. He said, "The concept ('Amazing Saturday') changes every week depending on the guests, so it felt like I was playing a different character every record."

"While part of GOT the beat, I was able to match the concept of the group. It was fun. Even when I was in the practice room, I was like, 'What an amazing combination (of the members).' We didn't have much time to practice, so we didn't have much time to get close, but we talked a lot to get as close as possible. BoA told me that I was the leader so I tried to lift the mood. It felt a bit like we were Avengers."

About the title track, "INVU," Tae Yeon said, "When I first heard the demo, I felt like this is it. It's a song I've always liked. It didn't receive much love from the other staff, I was the only one who liked it. . It was a situation where I challenged myself, but I had faith that I could persuade them. I focused a lot on my facial expressions to express the song well. I recorded it almost like I was doing a musical."

Regarding the music video, he said, "I think there are many different ways to interpret the song. It's my song, so there's a high note, but there's also a lot of emotion. The storyline is more dramatic too. The choreography focuses on the words "INVU," and I hope many people cover it. I tried to show a very warlike, determined, and strong image in the music video. The concept and set of the music video evoke Greek and Roman myths."

Tae Yeon is considered one of the top female solo vocalists in the country and is often chosen as a role model by her junior artists. She said, "When I hear myself being called a 'role model', I'm happy. But it's also a huge pressure. I like it when these kids can express well the future they have drawn in their minds. I think it's really important these days. this ending to properly express the things that you think and pursue. Since it's very competitive, I hope they won't be too hurt. My driving force is myself and my fans. I always motivate myself. Because different sides of me keep coming out, it keeps me moving forward. I am my own driving force." (wk/goddess)

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)